LEPH 2014 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
In organising this conference the conveners and partners were guided by a number of shared key understandings:
- Law enforcement and public health are intimately related.
- Organisations from both fields should work together closely to increase the health and security of citizens.
- From an academic point of view this is an important multidisciplinary domain, or even an emerging new discipline.
- Further insight in this domain is best gained by combining academic insights and professional practices.
- Further development of the field is facilitated by bringing together academics, practitioners and policymakers.
- All this is valid on a global scale, and international exchange of insights and practices is an important accelerator in the development of this important field.